Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the opening hours? 09:00hrs – 17:00hrs (both days).
2. What is the venue address? Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh, EH28 8NB.
3. What is the venue telephone number? 0131 335 6200.
4. What is the venue website? www.royalhighlandcentre.co.uk
5. How much are tickets? For day tickets see 'Tickets' page.
6. Can I buy a ticket on the day? Yes. See the 'Tickets' page for prices.
7. Is car parking free? Parking is chargeable by the showground, £5 per car*. Motorcycle parking is free of charge.
8. Is there disabled access? It is mandatory that all showgrounds have a disabled car park, please show your Blue badge on arrival to the showground to gain access.
9. How can I get a programme? You can purchase one at the event.
10. Are there crèche facilities? No.
11. What is the Medical/First Aid procedure? Please advise an onsite steward of any incidents.
12. What is the Main Arena schedule? Please see the 'What's On' page for further details.
13. Who are the Celebrities? Please see the 'What's On' page for details.
14. Are dogs allowed? No, only guidance dogs are permitted to the event as live action is taking place on the showground.
15. Where are the nearest toilets? There are several WC’s on the showground.
16. Is there a cash machine on site? Yes there is a cash machine located at the East Gate in the RBS Building.
17. Where is the nearest shop/centre? Edinburgh city centre is approximately 10 minutes drive. There is a service station located right out of the showground on the main adjacent bypass with local amenities with other service stations located nearby.
18. Can I take pictures/video at the event? Yes however no drones may be used during the show.
19. Is there any mobility hire available on site? No, there is not any mobility hire available on site at this event. Please make your own arrangements pre-event.
20. How do I get to the showground? Whether you're travelling by car, by bus, air or rail, the Royal Highland Centre is easily accessible.
The Royal Highland Centre sits off Glasgow Road (A8) between Newbridge roundabout and the A8/Airport roundabout, one of the main routes into the city.
Access to the Royal Highland Centre is from A8/Airport roundabout on to Eastfield Road. From there signposts are visible directing you to the venue along Fairview Road onto Ingliston Road.
From Edinburgh, Lothian Buses run regular services including the 48, 35 and the Airport Express (100). All buses run regularly and drop-off close to the Centre.
Call Lothian Buses on 0131 555 6363.
The nearest Railway station is Edinburgh Park or South Gyle train station.
For more information contact National Rail on 08457 48 49 50.
Or, hop in a taxi. Taxi's are availiable from outside the station and will get you to the Royal Highland Centre in 15/20 minutes.
The Royal Highland Centre is situated adjacent to Edinburgh Airport.
*Subject to change.
21. What times do camping gates open? Friday 20th July: 12noon-8pm and Saturday 21st July: 7am-9am. Campers arriving after this time will need to enter on foot via the exhibitor gate.
22. Is there any electric hook-ups available for camping? Unfortunately not. We do allow silent running LPG or diesel generators on site.